Are you eligible for HCBS services through Medicaid?
1. Are you eligible?
- YES - Contact a DHS case manager, your managed care organization, & OU to access services
- NO - If you are an Iowa resident, contact your local DHS office to inquire about eligibility & complete an application*
2. Once approved for a Waiver, a case manager will be assigned to you through DHS and your managed care organization (MCO).
3. Case manager is assigned.
- A case manager will connect with your family and the individual approved for the waiver to determine available services and providers.
4. Your family selects a provider.
- In the case of selecting OU to provide services, you will take a tour of our facilities and determine which services best suit the needs of the individual served, complete paperwork, and determine a schedule to begin receiving services.
*Medical records will be required to complete the application.
< Back to Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)